Pen Name: None
Jacob lives in Evanston.
Biographical and Professional Information
Mark Jacob served as executive news editor and Sunday editor at the Chicago Sun-Times. He now serves as a deputy metro editor at the Chicago Tribune and was part of the team that won the 2001 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory journalism. He is a two-time Lisagor Award winner and co-writes the Tribune's biweekly feature 10 Thing You Might Not Know with Stephan Benzkofer. Jacob is co-author of four books with his brother Matthew.
- The Game That Was: The George Brace Baseball Photo Collection, Contemporary Books, 1997 - written with Richard Cahan
- Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News , University Of Chicago Press, 2007 - written with Richard Cahan
- What the Great Ate: A Curious History of Food and Fame, Broadway, 2010 - written with Matthew Jacob
- 10 Things You Might Not Know About Nearly Everything, Agate, 2013 - written with Stephan Benzkofer
- 10 Things You Might Not Know About Nearly Everything: A Collection of Fascinating Historical, Scientific and Cultural Trivia about People, Places and Things, Agate, 2017 - written with Stephan Benzkofer
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
The Game That Was: The George Brace Baseball Photo Collection
Release Date: 1997-10-01
Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News
Release Date: 2007-11-01
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.