Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, Other;
Born: 1947 in Macomb, Illinois
Michael Norman holds a Master's degree from DeKalb's Northern Illinois University.
Biographical and Professional Information
Michael Norman began his carer at the De Kalb Daily Chronicle, De Kalb, IL, as a staff writer, from 1971-72. He then went to WRHL-Radio, Rochelle, IL, as the news director, from 1972-73. Norman is now a professor emeritus of journalism at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls, where he taught a wide-range of courses in writing, media law, public opinion and broadcast journalism. He served as department chair for 18 years, managed the Midwest Writers' Conference and also served as director of the UW-River Falls University Press.
- Haunted Heartland (With Beth Scott), Dorset Press , 1991
- Haunted America (With Beth Scott), Tor Books, 1994
- Historic Haunted America (With Beth Scott-Originally Published in 1994), Tor Books, 2007
- Haunted Wisconsin (With Beth Scott-Originally Published in 2001), University of Wisconsin Press, 2011
- The Nearly Departed: Minnesota Ghost Stories and Legends , Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2009
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
Haunted Heartland (Dorset Reprints Series)
Release Date: 1991-07
Release Date: 1994-10
Historic Haunted America
Release Date: 2007-09-18
Release Date: 2011-10-15
The Nearly Departed: Minnesota Ghost Stories and Legends
Release Date: 2009-09-01
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (No)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.