Pen Name: Stump Connolly
Genres: Non-Fiction, Memoir, Humor And Comedy
Email: See website for contact information
Jacobs lives in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional Information
Jacobs has been a reporter, filmmaker, political consultant and community activist for 40 years. He started his career as the urban affairs reporter for The Chicago Sun-Times in 1972, leaving four years later to pursue video journalism. As an independent documentary producer, he co-founded the Center for New Television and Independent Programming Associates. His video documentaries have been seen on PBS and A & E Television and include True Life Video Stories, Royko at The Goat, Those Grede Girls, and Saudi Arabia: A Complicated Ally. Under the pseudonym Stump Connolly, he also brought his humor to the 1996, 2004 and 2008 presidential campaigns in three books: STUMP, a Campaign Journal ; Talk's Cheap, Let's Race!; and The Long Slog: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The White House.
- A Campaign Journal , Dead Tree Press, 1997
- Talk's Cheap, Let's Race!, Dead Tree Press, 2007
- The Long Slog: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The White House, Dead Tree Press, 2009
- Never Leave Your Block: Adventures in Urban Living, Dead Tree Press, 2012
- Famous Ski Hills in Wisconsin: (And Other Delusions of Grandeur), Dead Tree Press, 2014
Titles for Purchase and at Your Library
The Long Slog: A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The White House
Release Date: 2009-04-20
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
Dead Tree Press
2326 W. Medill Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.