Zachary Michael Jack
Pen Name: None
Genres: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry
Jack is an Associate Professor of English at North Central College in Naperville.
Biographical and Professional Information
Zachary Michael Jack has published more than twenty award-winning books in a variety of genres, including fiction, poetry, literary journalism, creative nonfiction, and personal essay. His golf writing has earned him nominations for the United States Golf Association's Herbert Warren Wind Book Award and the William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award, as well as recognition as an Editor's Pick by Golf Digest and a Best Books of 2011 by Golf magazine.
He has also edited many books including: Student Body: A Benefit Mystery Novella, Love of the Land: Essential Farm and Conservation Readings from an American Golden Age, 1880-1920, The Green Roosevelt: Theodore Roosevelt in Appreciation of Wilderness, Wildlife, and Wild Places, Inside the Ropes: Sportswriters Get Their Game On, The Plowman sings : The Essential Fiction, Poetry, and Drama of America's Forgotten Regionalist Jay G. Sigmund, Homer Croy Corn Country, Letters To A Young Iowan: Good Sense From The Good Folks of Iowa For Young People Everywhere, Liberty Hyde Bailey: Essential Agrarian and Environmental Writings, Black Earth and Ivory Tower: New American Essays from Farm and Classroom and Uncle Henry Wallace: Letters to Farm Families - the updated edition of The Furrow and Us which was authored by his great-grandfather.
A contributor to the book, Winning on the North Side: The 1929 Chicago Cubs, the author and his work have also been featured in several newspapers. An associate professor of English, he teaches Writing, Editing, and Publishing Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) program at North Central College and speaks to groups nationwide.
- The Inanity of Music and Wings, 1st World Library , 2005
- Perfectly Against the Sun, Smithtown Press, 2006
- Iowa: The Definitive Collection, Ice Cube Press, 2009
- What Cheer: A Love Story, Tall Corn Books, 2010
- Native Soulmate: A Season in Search of a Love Homegrown, Tall Corn Books, 2011
- Let There Be Pebble: A Middle-Handicapper's Year in America's Garden of Golf, University of Nebraska Press, 2011
- The Midwest Farmer's Daughter: In Search of an American Icon, Purdue University Press, 2012
- Pond Ball Clintock and the Gods of Golf: A Novel for True Believers, Tall Corn Books, 2013
- Corn Poll: A Novel of the Iowa Caucuses, Tall Corn Books, 2015
- The Links of Evalon: A Father, a Son, & the Round of a Lifetime, Sportswriter Collaborative Press, 2015
- March of the Suffragettes: Rosalie Gardiner Jones and the March for Voting Rights, Zest Books, 2016
Titles at Your Library
Iowa: The Definitive Collection
Release Date: 2009-06-26
What Cheer: A Love Story
Release Date: 2010-07-19
Native Soulmate: A Season in Search of a Love Homegrown
Release Date: 2011-08-04
Let There Be Pebble: A Middle-Handicapper's Year in America's Garden of Golf
Release Date: 2011-06-01
Pond Ball Clintock and the Gods of Golf: A Novel for True Believers
Release Date: 2013-09-13
Corn Poll: A Novel of the Iowa Caucuses
Release Date: 2015-10-04
The Links of Evalon
Release Date: 2010-05-15
Prentice Hall Prize
Speaking Engagements and Upcoming Appearances
Speaking Engagement Availability: (Yes)
This page can only be edited by Illinois Center for the Book staff, this author or this author's representatives. Please contact us for access.