Individual Author Record
Name: John JacobPen Name: None Genre: Fiction Poetry Audience: Adult; Born: Chicago, Illinois
-- John Jacob on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=john+jacob
E-Mail: -- email@example.com
Illinois ConnectionJacob is an Assistant Professor of English at Loyola University in Chicago. He lives in Oak Park.
Biographical and Professional InformationJohn Jacob has had his own collections of both poetry and prose published, starting with his father taking John’s early work to the printer when his son was about 15. So, when Jacob started college he was already familiar with the small press movement. He was the editor and publisher of his own magazine and soon was printing other people’s work. The Small Press Review, a bimonthly, folded only recently after half a century reviewing books of the avant-garde. After issue number eight, he became a regular contributor. Besides being publicly recognized in several projects related to the new poets and poetry, he has been an English teacher at Northwestern and Loyola University. His work has been published in Chicago Magazine, Mississippi Review, Partisan Review, Poetry and TriQuarterly.
- Hawk Spin, Pentagram Press, 1983
- Hungers, Lake Shore Publishing, 1995
- Long Ride Back, Thunder`s Mouth Press, 1988
- Scattered, Selected Poems, Wine Press, 1979
- Summerbrook, Spoon River Poetry Press, 1983
- The Light Fandango, Another Chicago Press, 1988
- Wooden Indian, Kestrel Editons, 1987Hungers, Lake Shore Publishing, 1995 Every Day I Got the Blues, Small Poetry Press, 1999 Night of the Dolphin, O'Cypher Press, 2004
Titles At Your Library
ISBN: 0941363384 Lake Shore Pub. 1995 Book by Jacob, John
ISBN: 096146447X Another Chicago Pr. 1988 Book by Jacob, John