Individual Author Record
Name: (Mary) Alzina Stone DalePen Name: Alzina Stone Dale Genre: Mystery Audience: Adult; Born: 1931 in Chicago, Illinois
-- Website -- http://www.alzinastonedale.com/
-- (Mary) Alzina Stone Dale on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=%28mary%29+alzina+stone+dale
Illinois ConnectionAlzina was born in and currently resides in Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationAlzina is a freelance writer and lecturer. She received an M.A. in Literature and Theology from the University of Chicago in 1957 and began her career of giving lectures and seminars on mysteries and their authors at the Newberry Library and running workshops on family history for Urban Gateways. She lives in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
- Dorothy L. Sayers: The Centenary Celebration, Walker and Company, 1993
- Maker and Craftsman: The Story of Dorothy L. Sayers, Eerdmans, 1978 and Shaw Publishers, 1992
- Mystery Readers Walking Guide: Chicago, Passport Press, 1997
- Mystery Readers Walking Guide: England, Passport Press, 1988
- Mystery Readers Walking Guide: London, Passport Press, 1986
- Mystery Readers Walking Guide: New York, Passport Press, 1992
- Mystery Readers Walking Guide: Washington DC
- Sayers on Holmes, Mythopoeic Press
- T.S. Elliott: The Philosopher Poet, Harold Shaw, 1988
- The Art of G.K. Chesterton, Loyola University Press, 1985
- The Outline of Sanity: A Life of G.K. Chesterton, Eerdmans, 1983
Titles At Your Library
Sayers on Holmes
ISBN: 188772608X Mythopoeic Pr. 2001 Sayers on Holmes collects the writings of Dorothy L. Sayers on the subject of Sherlock Holmes. In "Sherlock Holmes and His Influence," Sayers examines how the Sherlock Holmes stories affected the genre of detective fiction. In "The Dates in 'The Red-Headed League'" she discusses the contradictory dates in the Holmes story. In "Holmes' College Career" Sayers determines which university Holmes attended--Oxford or Cambridge--and speculates on a birth year for Holmes. "Dr. Watson's Christian Name" represents an effort by Sayers to solve the problem that Watson is called by different first names in different Holmesian stories. "Dr. Watson, Widower," is concerned with the speculation on Dr. Watson's possible multiple marriages. In addition, published here for the first time is the script she wrote for a radio production, "A Tribute to Sherlock Holmes on the Occasion of his 100th Birthday," in which the young Lord Peter Wimsey consults Sherlock Holmes.
T.S. Eliot: The Philosopher Poet
ISBN: 0595334563 Backinprint.com. 2004 Alzina Stone Dale gives us an excellent review of T.S. Eliot's entire career and it has the important virtue of showing how absolutely integral to his poetic achievements were his religious interests. It is a critical biography that makes just the right sort of book for marking the centennial of Eliot's birth."-Nathan A. Scott
The Outline of Sanity: A Biography of G. K. Chesterton
ISBN: 0595340768 Backinprint.com. 2005 Gilbert Keith Chesterton has been the subject of several biographies, but none as comprehensive as The Outline of Sanity, A Biography of G. K. Chesterton by Alzina Stone Dale.-THE WALL STREET JOURNAL"A biography in which the imaginative and intellectual stature of the man is seen in its full measure."-SUNDAY TIMES (UK)