Individual Author Record
Name: Ilyce R. GlinkPen Name: None Genre: Non-Fiction Audience: Adult; Born:
-- Website -- http://thinkglink.com
-- Ilyce R. Glink on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=ilyce+r.++glink
Illinois ConnectionIlyce Glink lives just outside Chicago.
Biographical and Professional InformationIlyce is a Chicago-based blogger, author, financial journalist and syndicated columnist. Her newspaper column, ''Real Estate Matters'', appears in more than 160 newspapers and websites nationwide. She also hosts a radio talk show for WSB in Atlanta, and has appeared on "Oprah" and the "Today Show", CNN and CMBC. Her column runs in about 85 papers and about 100 additional websites. She is a top real estate blogger for CBS News' MoneyWatch and Yahoo. In addition, she published a number of ebooks, some of which are available at Amazon.com.
- 10 Steps to Home Ownership:, Three Rivers Press, 1996
- 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask, Three Rivers Press, 2005
- 100 Questions Every Home Seller Should Ask:.., Three Rivers Press, 1995
- 100 Questions You Should Ask About Personal Finances, Three Rivers Press, 1998
- 50 Simple Step You Can Take to Sell Your Home Faster, Three Rivers Press, 2003
- 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster Proof Your Finances, Three Rivers Press, 2002
- 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Improve Your Personal Finances, Three Rivers Press , 2001
- Buy, Close, Move In!, Harper, 2010
- Real U Guide to Bank Accounts, Real U Guides, 2004
- The Real Useful Guide to Working Harder Not Smarter, ThinkGlink, 2003
Titles At Your Library
100 Questions Every Home Seller Should Ask: With Answers from the Top Brokers from Around the Country
ISBN: 0812924061 Three Rivers Press. 1995 In the follow-up to her phenomenally successful guide for home buyers, Glink offers an invaluable handbook for the millions of American homesellers--lucid, engaging advice that will not only show sellers how to make more money, but how to sell with peace of mind.
10 Steps to Home Ownership: A Workbook for First-Time Buyers
ISBN: 0812925319 Three Rivers Press. 1996 The prequel to the hugely successful 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask tells first-time home buyers everything they need to know before they begin the search for the house of their dreams. Includes 20 worksheets, 15 charts and graphs.
100 Questions You Should Ask About Your Personal Finances: And The Answers You Need to Help You Save, Invest, and Grow Your Money
ISBN: 0812927419 Three Rivers Press. 1998 In the friendly and inviting style that has become her trademark, Ilyce Glink gives you the lowdown on how to successfully navigate the often perplexing and unpredictable world of personal finance.
It's a jungle out there. Scan the personal-finance horizon, and you'll see a vast and confusing mess of terms and procedures: credit reports universal variable life insurance reverse mortgages unified tax credits dividend reinvestment plans.
Have you ever wondered:
How do I calculate my net worth? (See question #4.)
Should I buy or lease my next car? (See question #19.)
How do I develop a diversified portfolio that reflects the risk I want to take?(See question #54.)
How much money will I have when I retire? (See question #83.)
When should I draw up a will?(See question #90.)
With 100 Questions You Should Ask About Your Personal Finances, managing your financial life couldn't be easier. Step by step, bestselling author Ilyce Glink takes you through the sometimes bumpy terrain of investments, mortgages, insurance policies, retirement plans . . . and suddenly it all makes sense. It's like having a trusted friend and adviser by your side in every financial decision you make.
50 Simple Steps You Can Take To Improve Your Personal Finances: How to Spend Less, Save More, and Make the Most of What You Have
ISBN: 0812927427 Three Rivers Press. 2001 Everything you need to know about personal finance -- whether you're just starting out or starting over.
The hardest part of attaining personal financial freedom is getting started. Ilyce R. Glink makes it a snap. The smart, simple strategies presented in 50 Simple Things You Can Do to Improve Your Personal Finances let you take immediate control of your money. With her trademark wit, friendly style, and crystal-clear examples, Ilyce Glink helps you set financial goals and reach them. Topics include:
* Starting Out * Budgets and Savings * Credit, Credit Reports, and Debt * Investing Yourself in Investments * Big Purchases * The Ins and Outs of Insurance * Taxes * Marriage, Partnerships, Children * Planning for Your Retirement
50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster-Proof Your Finances: How to Plan Ahead to Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones and Survive Any Crisis
ISBN: 0609809954 Crown Business. 2002 The best time to plan for trouble—the death of a spouse, the collapse of a business, the loss of your home—is before you’re overwhelmed by it. This is especially important if you have a family or a small business or are beginning to save for your retirement. But what should you do first? In 50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Disaster-Proof Your Finances, money and real estate expert Ilyce Glink walks you step by step through the things you need to do to protect your family and your money so you can survive any crisis. Topics include:
* Getting organized: What do you have and where is it?
* Banking and credit: The credit, accounts, and emergency cash you need
* Travel: Traveling safer—and for less money
* Insurance and health: How to buy the important policies and save
* Investments: Diversifying to help you weather the tough times
* Family matters: Planning for your children’s and aging parents’ futures
* Estate matters: Wills, living wills, and more
* After the disaster: Finding the emergency aid you need
In her friendly and easy-to-understand style, Ilyce Glink shows you how to avoid the ten most common mistakes people make in planning for their future, helps you add up the numbers with simple worksheets, and guides you to the leading websites for more information. With this indispensable guide, you’ll know you’ve done the best you can do for yourself and your loved ones.
50 Simple Steps You Can Take to Sell Your Home Faster and for More Money in Any Market
ISBN: 0609809334 Three Rivers Press. 2003 A real-estate expert and author of
Real U Guide to Bank Accounts and Credit Cards
ISBN: 0974415944 Real U Guides. 2004 When it’s time to leave home and start paying for real life expenses on your own, you’ve got two choices: paper or plastic. This guide covers everything you need to know to open your first checking account, apply for your first credit cards, and handle both so that there’s still some money left in your wallet at the end of the month.
The Real U Guide to Bank Accounts and Credit Cards starts with the basics–credit cards, debit cards, monthly statements, interest rates–and spells out all the options in an easy-to-understand style that is the trademark of award-winning journalist Ilyce Glink. From there, Glink delves into the finer points of Money Management 101, including such topics as:
· How to make the most of personal finance software
· How to pay your bills online
· Credit unions: Are they better than banks?
· How to bounce back from bad checks
· Six steps to a great credit rating
· How to lower your credit card interest rates
Filled with 4-color photographs, magazine-style layouts, and a quiz which asks: “Can You Be Trusted With a Checkbook?” The answer will be “yes” by the time you’ve finished reading this guide.
100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask: With Answers from Top Brokers from Around the Country
ISBN: 1400081971 Three Rivers Press. 2005 From the most trusted name in real estate, here is the latest edition of the indispensable guide that helps first-time buyers land the home of their dreams.
Ilyce R. Glink has established herself as America’s most trusted real estate expert. In this new, fully revised and updated edition of the book that made her a household name, Glink offers more than 100 pages of new material addressing all of the current trends home buyers need to stay on top of, including:
• The new construction housing boom and how home buyers can make the most of it
• Mortgage lending innovations, such as interest-only financing and the ability to finance 103 percent of the purchase price
• The changing habits of first-time home buyers (purchasing without a broker, using discount Internet-based services, and buying first homes as investments)
• The latest information on asbestos, mold, radon, and other bio-environmental hazards and new, inexpensive testing methods any home buyer can use
In this third edition of 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask, Glink presents new stories of real people who have gone through the home-buying process for the first time and once again offers her trademark friendly advice on how to avoid common home-buyer mistakes.
Also available as an eBook
Buy, Close, Move In!: How to Navigate the New World of Real Estate-Safely and Profitably-and End Up with the Home of Your Dreams
ISBN: 0061944874 William Morrow Paperbacks. 2010
Buy, Close, Move In! is the home buyer’s and seller’s ultimate guide to what’s new and different in today’s real estate market. Written by Ilyce Glink—one of the country’s best-known consumer real estate advocates, whose nationally syndicated column, “Real Estate Matters,” appears in more than 125 newspapers and websites—Buy, Close, Move In! is an indispensible tool for understanding the new rules of home ownership in a radically altered real estate environment.