Individual Author Record
Name: Danny Mahlon UnderwoodPen Name: Danny Mahlon Underwood Genre: Poetry Audience: Adult; Young Adult; Born: 1963 in Decatur, Illinois
-- Website -- http://www.dannymahlonunderwood.com/poet/
-- Danny Mahlon Underwood on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=danny+mahlon+underwood
Illinois ConnectionI was born in Decatur, Illinois and lived there until 1971. I also lived in Quincy, Long Creek and Mt. Zion. I graduated from Mt. Zion High School in 1981.
Biographical and Professional InformationUnderwood is former member of the International Society of Poets. He started writing poetry at the age of thirteen, while trying to deal with the death of his Grandfather. As a result, his first poem was titled, ''My Grandfather''. Several of his poems that followed after his first were published in anthologies. His second poem, ''The Gifted One'', written at age 14 and won an Editor's Choice Award, in 2002, in a book titled "Tumbling Into Tomorrow" published by Watermark Press. This was also published in "Theatre Of The Mind", published by Noble House Publications in the U.K. in 2003. ''The Silence'' was published in "Colours Of The Heart" in 2004, published by Noble House Publications in the U.K. ''I'm Like My Parents'' was published in "The Best Poems and Poets of 2003" published by Watermark Press in 2004.In 2004, Underwood was inducted into the International Society of Poet's "International Who's Who In Poetry" and was published in a book of the same name with a poem titled ''Fallen Hero''. This poem won an Editor's Choice Award in a book titled "Twilight Musings" in 2005, Published by Watermark Press. ''Fallen Hero'' was written into a song by Nashville Music Productions, in 2005 and recorded in Nashville for a compilation CD. The poem was published in "Expressions II" by the League of American Poets in 2006.His poem ''Follow Me'' was published in "Famous Poets of the Heartland" 15th Anniversary Souveneir Collector's Edition and on the CD "Famous Poets of the Heartland", 'A Treasury of Beloved Family Poems', read by John Campbell. Underwood has also published four books that highlight his poetry and short stories.
- A Look Into My Soul, AuthorHouse, 2004Beyond The Smile, AuthorHouse, 2008Dark Eyes; Deep Mind, AuthorHouse, 2008The Demons Are Done Dancing, AuthorHouse, 2011
Titles At Your Library
A LOOK INTO MY SOUL
ISBN: 1418490954 AuthorHouse. 2004 'A Look Into My Soul', provides a glimpse of the inner self of one man, everyone thought they knew.However, after reading it you will discover a man, no one knew existed.If it were possible to actually view a person's soul, this is what it would look like.The book is the Author's own self therapy in his attempt to show the world what he is really all about.
ISBN: 143893016X AuthorHouse. 2008 Dark Eyes Deep Mind, the follow up to 'A Look Into My Soul', provides an even deeper look into the mind and soul of Author Danny Mahlon Underwood. Yet still evoking humor and levity, through all of the pain. He also displays the unique ability to speak for others and communicate their feelings, through his poetry.
Beyond the Smile
ISBN: 1438935803 AuthorHouse. 2008 I have opened up to you, not for you to analyze or sympathize. Only to help you understand. The mind behind the man has been revealed. There is no more hiding who I am. You can accept me or reject me, miss me or dismiss me, but you shall never forget me.
The Demons Are Done Dancing
ISBN: 1463404549 AuthorHouse Publishing. 2011
AwardsInternational Society Of Poets
Speaking EngagementsSpeaking Engagement Availability (Yes) Contact Information Danny Mahlon Underwood 621 Woodland Dr. Mt. Zion, Il. 62549 217-864-4903 Home 217-433-3565 firstname.lastname@example.org www.dannymahlonunderwood.com/poet/ www.facebook.com Speaking Engagements
- Poetry Read International Society of Poets Convention, Orlando, Florida - March 2004
- Guest Speaker Mt. Zion Intermediate School, Mother-Daughter Book Club - May 2004
- Poetry Read Memorial Day Service, Fairview Park in Decatur - May 2004 Featured on WAND evening news
- Guest Speaker Mt. Zion High School, Poetry Club - Jan. 2005
- Poetry Read International Society of Poets Convention, Orlando, Florida - Feb. 2005
- Guest Speaker Mt. Zion High School, "Friday Night Live", Mt. Zion High School Drama Club - March 2005
- Guest Speaker Mt. Zion High School, Poetry Slam - May 2005
- Guest Speaker Eisenhower High School, Poetry Club - Oct. 2006
- Guest Reader Franklin Accelerated Elementary School, Second Grade Poetry Tea - April 20
- Guest Reader Kenneth D. Benskin Funeral - April 1, 2008
- Guest Reader McGaughey Grade School, Second Grade Classes - May 2008
- Guest Reader Jamsey L. Otto Funeral - May 10, 2008
- Guest Reader Beverly A. Jones Funeral - June 25, 2008
- Guest Reader Margaret J. Deardorff Funeral - September 27, 2008
- Poem Read Gregory S. Drum Funeral - March 15, 2010
- Guest Reader Dedication of War Memorial, Mt. Zion Veterans Park - May 31, 2010
- Guest Judge Poetry Out Loud Competition, Eisenhower High School - January 31, 2012
- Guest Judge Poetry Out Loud Competition, Eisenhower High School - January 25, 2013