Individual Author Record
Name: Edward RussoPen Name: Edward J. Russo Genre: Audience: Adult; Born:
-- Edward Russo on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=edward+russo
Illinois ConnectionRusso lived in Springfield, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional InformationRusso was the Springfield city historian for many years.
- Greater Springfield : Where Tradition Meets Tomorrow, Community Communications, 2002 - written with Curtis Mann, Melinda Garvert and Terry Farmer
- Greater Springfield: Building on the Legacy, Windsor Publications, 1993 - written with Michael P. Murphy, Pam Bruzan and Sharon Zara
- Illinois State Fair : A 150 Year History, G. Bradley Publishing, 2002 - written with Curtis Mann and Melinda Garvert
- Oak Ridge Cemetery, Arcadia Publishing, 2009 - written with Curtis Mann
- Prairie of Promise: Springfield and Sangamon County, Windsor Publications, 1983
- Springfield Community Service: A Pictorial History, G. Bradley Publishing, 1999 - written with Curtis Mann and Melinda Garvert
- Springfield Entertainment, A Pictorial History, G. Bradley Publishing, 1996 - written with Curtis Mann and Melinda Garvert
- Springfield Home and Family: A Pictorial History, G. Bradley Publishing, 1997 - written with Ed Russo and Curtis Mann and Melinda Garvert
- Springfield Time Capsules, G. Bradley Publishing, 2000 - written with Curtis Mann and Melinda Garvert
- Springfield, A Reflection in Photography, Arcadia Press, 2002 - written with Curtis Mann & and Melinda Garvert
- Springfield Business, A Pictorial History, G. Bradley Publishing, 1998 - written with Curtis Mann and Melinda Garvert
Titles At Your Library
Oak Ridge Cemetery (Images of America)
ISBN: 0738577235 Arcadia Publishing. 2009 Springfield's historic Oak Ridge Cemetery is accounted second only to Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C., as the most visited cemetery in the United States. The burial place of Abraham Lincoln, Oak Ridge's dramatically landscaped grounds are an important contribution to American landscape architecture. A portrait of Victorian sentimentalizing of death, Oak Ridge provides a sublime backdrop for contemplating life. Unlike grim churchyards and bleak graveyards, rural cemeteries are places of great beauty for the living who continue to use them for walking, riding, and quiet reflection. But Oak Ridge's peacefulness has occasionally been disturbed, as in 1876 when gunfire rang out while secret service agents attempted to catch grave robbers who had broken into the Lincoln Tomb.
Springfield: A Reflection in Photography (IL) (Images of America)
ISBN: 0738520136 Arcadia Publishing. 2002 Springfield: A Reflection in Photography is a photo album of Springfield scenes from the late 19th through the mid 20th centuries-a nostalgic look back at everyday life in the capital city. Local people are seen at work, at play and socializing. Iron workers, construction crews and munitions makers show us the gritty, tiring work of a community and emphasize the man and animal power once common in industry. There are social changes as well, like the coming of women to the workplace. Shirtwaisted ladies at the Illinois Watch Company and "Rosie the Riveter" on the production line during the war make their appearance. Aerial views of the downtown area present a century of change in Springfield. The evolution of transportation in the community is chronicled, from horse and buggy to the railroad to the automobile. Images of ladies cooking at Temple and crews preparing community garden plots showcase the city's volunteer service heritage. Commonplace images of life in Springfield, such as children at play, shopping, parades, and the first day of school, are all presented here. But the less common events are included as well: fires, the race riot, even a baptism at Lake Springfield. Together, these images tell the story of who we were, and perhaps more importantly, who we have become as a result. This book shows a community readers may know intimately, yet have never seen.
Greater Springfield: Where Tradition Meets Tomorrow
ISBN: 1581920490 Community Communications Corp. 2002 Book by Mann, Curtis, Russo, Edward J.
Illinois State Fair: A 150 year history
ISBN: 0943963877 G. Bradley Pub. 2002 Book
Greater Springfield: Building on the Legacy
ISBN: 0897814657 Windsor Pubns. 1993 Book by Murphy, Michael P., Russo, Edward J., Bruzan, Pam, Zara, Sharon
Prairie of promise: Springfield and Sangamon County
ISBN: 0897810848 Windsor Publications. 1983