Individual Author Record
Name: Daniel PinkwaterPen Name: Genre: Fiction Non-Fiction Audience: Young Adult; Children; Born: 1941 in Memphis, Tennessee
-- Website -- http://www.pinkwater.com
-- Daniel Pinkwater on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=daniel+pinkwater
Illinois ConnectionPinkwater's family moved to Chicago when he was two years old. When he was eight, the family moved to Los Angeles. He went back to Chicago as a teenager and graduated from Lake View High School.
Biographical and Professional InformationDaniel Pinkwater is and author, illustrator and radio commentator on National Public Radio. He has presented on NPR's ''All Thing Considered'' and been a book reviewer on NPR's ''Weekend Edition Saturday''. He currently resides in New York.
- Adventures of a Cat-Whiskered Girl, HMH Books, 2011
- Alan Mendelsohn, the Boy from Mars, Dutton, 1979
- Around Fred's Bed, Prentice-Hall, 1976
- At the Hotel Larry, Marshall Cavendish, 1998
- Attila the Pun: A Magic Moscow Book, Four Winds, 1981
- Aunt Lulu, Macmillan, 1988
- Author's Day, Macmillan, 1993
- Bad Bears and a Bunny, Houghton Mifflin, 2005
- Bad Bears in the Big City, Houghton Mifflin, 2003
- Bear in Love, Candlewick, 2012
- Bear's Picture, Holt, 1972
- Beautiful Yetta: The Yiddish Chicken, Feiwel & Friends, 2010
- Big Bob and the Halloween Potatoes, Scholastic, 1999
- Big Bob and the Magic Valentine's Day Potato, Scholastic, 1999
- Big Bob and the Thanksgiving Potatoes, Scholastic, 1998
- Big Bob and the Winter Holiday Potato, Scholastic, 1999
- Blue Moose and Return of the Moose, Bullseye Books, 1993
- Blue Moose, Dodd, 1975
- Bongo Larry, Marshall Cavendish, 1998
- Borgel, Macmillan, 1990
- Bushman Lives, HMH Books , 2012
- Cone Kong: The Scary Ice Cream Giant, Scholastic, 2001
- Devil in the Drain, Dutton, 1984
- Doodle Flute, Macmillan, 1991
- Ducks!, Little, Brown, 1984
- Fat Camp Commandos Go West, Scholastic, 2002
- Fat Camp Commandos, Scholastic, 2001
- Fat Elliot and the Gorilla, Four Winds, 1974
- Fat Men from Space, Dodd, 1977
- Goose Night, Random House, 1996
- Guys from Space, Macmillan, 1989
- I Was a Second Grade Werewolf, Dutton, 1983
- Ice Cream Larry, Marshall Cavendish, 1999
- Irving and Muktuk: Two Bad Bears, Houghton Mifflin, 2001
- Java Jack, Crowell, 1980
- Jolly Roger: A Dog of Hoboken, Lothrop, 1985
- Lizard Music, Dodd, 1976
- Looking for Bobowicz: A Hoboken Chicken Story, HarperCollins, 2004
- Magic Camera, Dodd, 1974
- Magic Goose, Scholastic, 1997
- Mush's Jazz Adventure, Aladdin, 2002
- Mush: A Dog from Space, Atheneum, 1995
- Ned Feldman: Space Pirate, Macmillan, 1994
- Pickle Creature, Four Winds, 1979
- Rainy Morning, Atheneum, 1998
- Return of the Moose, Dodd, 1979
- Roger's Umbrella, Dutton, 1982
- Second Grade Ape, Scholastic, 1997
- Slaves of Spiegel: A Magic Moscow Story, Four Winds, 1982
- Sleepover Larry, Two Lions, 2013
- Spaceburger: A Kevin Spoon and Mason Mintz Story, Macmillan, 1993
- Superpuppy: How to Choose, Raise, and Train the Best Possible Dog for You, Seabury, 1977 - revised edition, Clarion Books, 2002
- The Afterlife Diet, Random House, 1995
- The Artsy Smartsy Club, HarperCollins, 2005
- The Big Orange Splot, Hastings House, 1977
- The Blue Thing, Prentice-Hall, 1977
- The Education of Robert Nifkin, Farrar, Straus, 1998
- The Frankenbagel Monster, Dutton, 1986
- The Hoboken Chicken Emergency, Prentice-Hall, 1977
- The Last Guru, Dodd, 1978
- The Lunchroom of Doom, Atheneum, 2000
- The Magic Moscow, Four Winds, 1980
- The Magic Pretzel, Atheneum, 2000
- The Moosepire, Little, Brown, 1986
- The Muffin Fiend, Lothrop, 1986
- The Phantom of the Lunch Wagon, Macmillan, 1992
- The Picture of Morty and Ray, HarperCollins, 2003
- The Snarkout Boys and the Avocado of Death, Lothrop, 1982
- The Snarkout Boys and the Baconburg Horror, Lothrop, 1984
- The Terrible Roar, Knopf, 1970
- The Werewolf Club Meets Dorkula, Atheneum, 2001
- The Werewolf Club Meets Oliver Twit, Antheneum, 2002
- The Werewolf Club Meets the Hound of the Basketballs, Atheneum, 2001
- The Worms of Kukumlima, Dutton, 1981
- The Wuggie Norple Story, Four Winds, 1980
- Three Big Hogs, Seabury, 1975
- Tooth-Gnasher Superflash, Four Winds, 1981
- Uncle Boris in the Yukon and Other Shaggy Dog Stories, Simon & Schuster, 2001
- Uncle Melvin, Macmillan, 1989
- Wallpaper from Space, Atheneum, 1996
- Wempires, Macmillan, 1991
- Wizard Crystal, Dodd, 1973
- Wolf Christmas, Marshall Cavendish, 1998
- Yobgorgle: Mystery Monster of Lake Ontario, Clarion, 1979 - revised edition, Bantam, 1981
- Young Adult Novel, Crowell, 1982
- Young Adults, Tor, 1985
- Young Larry, Marshall Cavendish, 1998
Titles At Your Library
Beautiful Yetta: The Yiddish Chicken
ISBN: 0312558244 Feiwel & Friends. 2010
Yetta, beautiful Yetta, manages to escape from the butcher's shop. But now she is lost in Brooklyn―a strange place filled with rude rats and dangerous buses!
But then, brave Yetta saves a small green bird from a sneaky cat, and his friends, the wild parrots of Brooklyn, are very grateful.
¡Muchas gracias, gallina hermosa!
¡mooCHAS grahSEEas, gahYEEna ehrMOsa!
Thank you very much, beautiful chicken!
Has beautiful Yetta found her new home?
Inspired by real events, this multilingual story is a witty, warm, and wonderful read-aloud for any age.
Adventures of a Cat-Whiskered Girl
ISBN: 0547550022 HMH Books for Young Readers. 2011
Big Audrey is a girl . . .
Big Audrey waves goodbye to her friends Iggy and Neddie, Seamus, and Crazy Wig, in Los Angeles and hitches a ride with bongo-playing-while-driving Marlon Brando across the country to Poughkeepsie, New York, city of mystery. She finds she has questions needing answers—and a bit of inter-plane-of-existence traveling to do.
Big Audrey and her telepathic friend Molly zigzag off on an incredibly strange and kooky adventure, and solve the mystery of the cat-whiskered doppelganger.
Bear in Love
ISBN: 0763645699 Candlewick. 2012 Could the bear have a secret friend? Who is leaving him surprises? The ever-lovable Daniel Pinkwater spins a funny and sweetly offbeat story.
One morning, the bear finds something just outside his cave. It is orange and long and pointy and has bushy green leaves at one end. And it’s sweet and crunchy! Where did it come from? Did someone leave it for him? Then there are two more of the sweet crunchy things the next morning! The bear knows that someone nice is leaving him these treats. If only he could discover who it is! Should he leave something tasty in return? With the help of Will Hillenbrand’s endearing illustrations, the inimitable Daniel Pinkwater spins a charming little mystery about unexpected kindnesses and finding that extra-special someone.
ISBN: 0547385390 HMH Books for Young Readers. 2012
“What Pinkwater does is magic, and I’m grateful for it.” --Neil Gaiman (about The Neddiad)
Is Bushman the gorilla alive? According to the papers, he died a long time ago. Why is he so important to the high school senior and aspiring Great Artist Harold Knishke? It’s a hot summer in 1960s Chicago, and people are on the streets late at night, including the Chicken Man and Molly the dwerg. While reading this hilarious young adult novel (with illustrations by Calef Brown!) teens will ask themselves, “Why am I reading this?” and “Is Harold about to embark on a voyage of great adventure?” He is.
ISBN: 1477847650 Two Lions. 2013 Larry is a polar bear with style. He likes blueberry muffins, enjoys dancing ballet, and takes pride in his job as a lifeguard. He lives with the Frobisher family in the hotel that they named after him. One day, Larry invites his bear friends from the zoo for a sleepover. That’s when all the fun begins! Jill Pinkwater’s pen-and-ink and colored-marker illustrations capture Larry’s appealing character as he and his friends have the best sleepover ever.