Individual Author Record
Name: Elbert HubbardPen Name: None Genre: Born: June 19, 1856 in Bloomington, Illinois Died: May 7, 1915
-- Elbert Hubbard on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=elbert++hubbard
Illinois ConnectionHubbard was born in Bloomington, Illinois and raised in Hudson, Illinois.
Biographical and Professional InformationElbert Hubbard was a writer, publisher, artist and philosopher. He also edited and published two magazines, ''The Philistine'' and ''The Fra''. The phrase, ''When life gives you lemons, make lemonade'' was initially coined by Hubbard in a 1915 obituary he wrote for the dwarf actor Marshall P. Wilder. The obituary, entitled ''The King of Jesters'', praises Wilder's optimistic attitude and achievements in the face of his disabilities.
- Forbes of Harvard, 1894
- No Enemy But Himself, 1894
- Little Journeys to the Homes of Good Men and Great, 1895–1910
- The Legacy, 1896
- A Message to Garcia, 1899
- A Message to Garcia and Thirteen Other Things, 1901
- Love, Life and Work, 1906
- White Hyacinths, 1907
- Health and Wealth, 1908
- The Mintage, 1910
- Jesus Was An Anarchist, 1910