Individual Author Record
Name: Kevin LuthardtPen Name: None Genre: Audience: Children; Children; Born: 1973 in Schaumburg, Illinois
-- Website -- http://www.kevinluthardt.com
-- Kevin Luthardt on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=kevin+luthardt
Illinois ConnectionLuthardt was born and raised in Schaumburg, Illinois. He studied painting at the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. He currently resides in the Chicago area.
Biographical and Professional InformationKevin Luthardt is an artist,illustrator,author, and muralist based in the Chicago area.
- Findley the Funnel, David Sherman, 2013 - written by David Sherman
- Flying, Peachtree, 2009
- Hats!, Albert Whitman and Co., 2004
- Larabee, Peachtree, 2004
- Mine!, Atheneum Books for young readers, 2001
- Peep!, Peachtree, 2003
- The Vowel Family: A Tale of Lost Letters, Carolrhoda Books, 2008 - written by Sallie M. Walker
- When Edgar Met Cecil, Peachtree Publishers, 2013
- You're Weird!, Dial Books for young readers, 2005
- Zoom!, Peachtree, 2005 - written by Diane Adams
Titles At Your Library
ISBN: 0689832370 Atheneum. 2001 When only one toy is found in the package from grandma, two brothers decide to fight for it claiming that it is their present, but when the stuffed dinosaur gets ripped in half, they come to realize that their selfishness led them to both lose out in the end.
ISBN: 1561450464 Peachtree Pub Ltd. 2003 Carmen Deedy combines the rich traditions of both her Southern upbringing and her Latin American culture in a blend of delightful stories, many of which have been heard on NPR.
ISBN: 1561453005 Peachtree Publishers. 2004 Every morning, Mr. Bowman and his dog deliver the mail. Larabee likes riding in the mail truck. He likes carrying the mail bag, too. He likes delivering the mail and he always makes sure it is delivered on time. But there is one thing Larabee doesn't like: there is never a letter addressed to him!
ISBN: 0807531715 Albert Whitman & Company. 2004 When a young boy enters a hat shop and sees there is a sale that day, he carefully chooses the perfect hat. Then a bully tells him, "Dumb hat!" The boy is crushed--is his hat really dumb? But other kids who come along think the hat is pretty cool.
ISBN: 1561453323 Peachtree Publishers. 2005 A timid young boy joins his eager father for a ride on a roller coaster. When the roller coaster finally comes to a stop, the excited young boy is ready for another ride...but his queasy father has other ideas.
ISBN: 0803729863 Dial. 2005 Even though Turtle thinks Rabbit’s skateboarding style in scuba gear is strange and Rabbit thinks Turtle’s crazy eating habits are odd, the two unlikely companions eventually find a middle ground in their weirdness in order to become the best of friends!
The Vowel Family: A Tale of Lost Letters
ISBN: 0822579820 Carolrhoda Books. 2008 Meet an unusual family with some very special children: Alan, Ellen, Iris, Otto, and Ursula. Sometimes they're visited by their very special aunt, Cyndy. As each child is born, the family becomes more complete--and each additional Vowel also makes the text easier to read! Because if you can imagine life without the Vowels, tlkng wld b vr hrd. Rdng wld b pzzlng. Are you ready to play the Vowel game?
ISBN: 1561454303 Peachtree Publishers. 2009 A series of simple questions triggers a playful, imaginative exchange between a child and his father.
When Edgar Met Cecil
ISBN: 156145706X Peachtree Publishers. 2013 When Edgar's family moves to a new town, everything seems strange and scary. The kids look different. They dress weird. They listen to bizarre music. They eat strange food. And the biggest, weirdest looking kid keeps staring at Edgar. What does he want?
Findley the Funnel
ISBN: 0615914519 David Sherman. 2013 Findley the Funnel is the story of a young boy rarely happy with what he receives. Findley learns that happiness can be found by doing good deeds for others.
- 2004 Children's Choice, IRA/CBC
- 2014 ILLINOIS READS Book
- 2004 Best Books of the Year Awards, Child Magazine
- 2005 Children's Choice, IRA/CBC
- 2005 Kansas State Reading Circle Recommended Reading List (primary), Kansas International Education Association
- 2006 Kansas State Reading Circle Recommended Reading List (primary), Kansas National Educational Association
- Best Read Aloud Picture Books, Curriculum Materials Center at Minnesota State University Moorhead
- 2008 Booklinks Lasting Connections
- 2010 Finalist Best Read Aloud Book Award, ReadBoston