Individual Author Record
Name: Janan CainPen Name: None Genre: Audience: Children; Born: in
-- Website -- http://www.janancain.com/awards.html
-- Janan Cain on WorldCat -- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=Janan+Cain
Illinois ConnectionCain grew up in Darien and now lives in Riverside.
Biographical and Professional InformationJanan Cain is an author and illustrator. She used her own two young daughters as models for many of the illustrations in "The Way I Feel."
- Author and Illustrator:
- Roonie B. Moonie: Lost and Alone, Illumination Arts Publishing Company, 2007
- The Way I Act, Parenting Press, 2011 - written by Steve Metzger
- The Way I Feel '', Parenting Press, 2000
Titles At Your Library
The Way I Feel
ISBN: 1884734715 Parenting Press. 2000
Feelings are neither good nor bad, they simply are. Kids need words to name their feelings, just as they need words to name all things in their world. The Way I Feel uses strong, colorful, and expressive images which go along with simple verses to help children connect the word and the emotion. Your child will learn useful words, and you will have many chances to open conversations about whatâ€™s going on in her/his life. Recommended by parents, teachers and mental health professionals, The Way I Feel is a valuable addition to anyone's library. This book is ideal for children with autism. (Ages 2-8)
Roonie B. Moonie: Lost and Alone
ISBN: 0974019089 Illumination Arts Publishing Company. 2007 Roonie B. Moonie yearns to be a great explorer like his hero, Christopher Columblebee. But, while exploring one day, he wanders into a dark, unfamiliar place and finds himself in one scary situation after another. Approached by a suspicious stranger offering to help, Roonie must rely on his mother's guidance and on his instincts to keep himself safe.
Will he be lured away by a stranger? Will he find his way back home? How does he decide who can be trusted? Janan Cain's delightfully illustrated story helps children understand the importance of following safety rules, staying calm, and trusting their feelings.
The Way I Act
ISBN: 1884734995 Parenting Press. 2011
The Way I Act explores thirteen ways of behaving. The friendly verses and bold illustrations convey many positive ideas of how to act in a variety of situations. In the companion book, The Way I Feel, children learned that feelings come and go and simply are.
A little older now, they are ready to think about the ability they have to control how things turn out. Like The Way I Feel, this book is ideal for children with autism.
AwardsThe Way I Feel
- First Place, Publishers Association of the West’s 18th Annual Western U.S. Book Design and Production Competition for Children’s Picture Book
- Finalist, “Book of the Year” Contest for Children’s Picture Book, ForeWord Magazine, 2001
- Finalist, Benjamin Franklin Award for Children’s Picture Book, 2001
- Winner, "Book of the Year" award, Creative Child Magazine, 2008
- Finalist, “Book of the Year” Contest for Children’s Picture Book, ForeWord Magazine, 2008
- Finalist, Independent Publisher Book Award for the category of Children's Picture Book (ages 6 and under), 2008
- Winner, "Top 10 Book" award, The Best You Can Be Foundation, 2008
- "Gold" Winner, Mom’s Choice Awards for "Children’s Picture Book — Values & Life Lessons", 2009
- First Place Winner, Purple Dragonfly Book Awards for Children's Books, 2009
- Honorable Mention, Eric Hoffer Book Award for Children's Picture Book, 2009