Born: Mt. Prospect, Illinois 1962
Connection to Illinois: Fleming was born in Mt. Prospect, graduated from Eastern Illinois University in Charleston and currently resides in Oak Park. Biography: Candace Fleming is an adjunct professor at Harper College in Palatine, Illinois and is the prolific author of many critically acclaimed, bestselling books for children.
- Cubs in the Tub Starred Reviews, Booklist and Horn Book
- What Isabella Wanted Gold Standard Selection, Junior Library Guild; Starred Review - Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
- The Hatmaker's Sign American Folklore Society Aesop Award; New York State Charlotte Book Award NOTE Notable Children's Book in the Language Arts; Parenting Magazine Best Book of the Year; Storytelling World Award
- Murder Among Friends Starred Reviews - Horn, Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, Booklist; Illinois READS Booklist Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2023
- The Tide Pool Waits Junior Library Guild Gold Standard Selection; Starred Review - Booklist
- The Curse of the Mummy Illinois Reads Book Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2022
- The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh Starred Review - School Library Journal, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus, Horn, Booklist, Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books; Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, Top Ten Biographies Booklist; Booklist, Best Books of 2020; Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, Best Books of 2020; CCBC Choices 2021; Horn Book Fanfare; Kirkus Reviews Best Books of 2020; New York Public Library Best Books of 2020; Publishers Weekly Best Books of 2020; School Library Journal Best Books of 2020; Wall Street Journal Best Books of 2020; YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction Award
- Honeybee Starred Reviews – Booklist, Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, Horn Book, Kirkus, Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Shelf Awareness; Robert F. Sibert Award; AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books finalist; Booklist Best Books of 2020; Booklist Top Ten Biographies; CCBC 2021 Choices List; Chicago Public Library Best Books of 2020; Horn Book Best Books list 2020; Junior Library Guild Gold Standard Selection; Kirkus Reviews Best Books of 2020; National Public Library Best Books of 2020; NCTE Orbis Pictus Honor Book; New York Public Library Best Books of 2020; Publishers Weekly Best Books of 2020; School Library Journal Best Books of 2020; Shelf Awareness Best Books of 2020; Texas Bluebonnet Master List
- Amelia Lost Starred Reviews - Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, Horn Book, Kirkus, School Library Journal; Golden Kite Award for Nonfiction, 2012
- Ben Franklin's Almanac ALA Children's Notable Book; ALA Best Book for Young Adults; Association of Booksellers for Children Fall Favorite 2003; Book Links Best Book 2003; Booklist Top ten Biography for Youth, 2003; CCBC Choices 2004; Children's Literature Choice 2004; Great Lakes' Great Books Nominee 2005; James Madison Award Honor Book; Jefferson Cup Honor Book (Virginia Library Association) 2004; Junior Library Guild Selection; Maine Student Book Award Nominee 2004-2005; NCSS-CBC Notable Social StudiesTrade Book 2004; New York Public Library Best Book for Reading and Sharing, 2003; New York Public Library Best Book for the Teen Age, 2004; Parents Choice Gold Award Winner; Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2003; Riverbank Review Children's Book of Distinction 2004; School Library Journal Best Book of 2003; Washington D.C. Capitol Choices Book 2003
- Ben Franklin's in My Bathroom! Amazon Best of the Year 2017 (Ages 6-8); Florida Sunshine State Young Readers Award nominee for grades 3-5, 2019-2020.
- Boxes For Katje A CCBC Choices 2004; Bill Martin Jr. Picture Book Award Nominee 2005; Booksense 76 Book; California Young Reader's Medal Nominee 2006-2007; Carol D. Reiser Book Award For Inspiring Community Service in Children; Children's Literature Choice 2004Great Lakes Book Award; Florida Reading Association Children's Book Award Nominee 2004-2005; Golden Sower Award Nominee of Nebraska Library Association 2005-2006; IRA Teachers' Choice, 2004; Junior Library Guild Selection; NCTE Notable Children's Book in the Language Arts 2004; NCSS-CBC Notable Social Studies Trade Book 2004; New York Public Library Best Book for Reading and Sharing, 2003; Notable Book for a Global Society Award sponsored by IRA; Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Medal Winner; Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2003; Red Clover (Vermont) Children's Choice Award Nominee 2004-2005; Show Me Reader Award Nominee 2005-2006; Virginia Young Reader Award Nominee 2005-2006; Volunteer State Book Award Nominee 2005-2006; Washington D.C. Capitol Choices Book, 2003; Washington State Children's Choice Picture Book Award Nominee 2005
- Bulldozer Helps Out Cooperative Children's Book Center Choices 2018; Pennsylvania Keystone to Reading Award (preschool level) 2018-2019
- Bulldozer’s Big Day CCBC Choices 2016, Illinois READS Book Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2017
- Clever Jack Takes the Cake Booklist Editors' Choice 2010; Kirkus Reviews Best Books of 2010; Parents' Choice Recommended Book; School Library Journal Best Books of 2010
- On the Day I Died Starred Reviews - Kirkus and Publishers Weekly
- Fabled Fifth Graders of Aesop Elementary School Chicago Public Library Best of the Best 2010; Parents' Choice Recommended Book
- Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School Bank Street College of Education Best Children's Book of the Year 2008; CCBC Choices for 2008; Keystone to Reading (Pennsylvania) Book Award Nominee 2008-2009; Grand Canyon Reader Award Nominee 2010; Louisiana Young Readers Choice Award Nominee 2010; Hawaii Nene Book Award Nominee 2008-2009; Volunteer State Book Award Nominee 2009-2010
- The Family Romanov Boston Globe Horn Book Award for Nonfiction; Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature; NCTE Orbis Pictus Award; Robert F. Sibert Nonfiction Honor Book; YALSA Excellence in Nonfiction Finalist; ALSC Notable Children’s Books, Older Readers, 2015; Booklist Editor's Choice 2014; Booklist Editors Top of the List for Youth Nonfiction 2014; Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon 2014; Cybils Award in Nonfiction for Young Adults 2014; Horn Book Fanfare 2014; Huffington Post Great Kid Books for Gift-Giving 2014; Junior Library Guild selection; Kirkus Reviews Best Teen Book 2014; Los Angeles Times Literary Book Prize nominee; New York Public Library Best Books for Teens 2014; Publishers Weekly Best Young Adult Books 2014; SCBWI Gold Kite Award for Nonfiction; School Library Journal Best Book 2014; Wall Street Journal 2014; Washington Post Best Books for Kids 2014; Illinois READS Book Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2015
- Fatal Throne Amelia Bloomer List; New York Public Library Best Book for Teens TOP 10; Illinois READS Book Selection, Illinois Reading Council, 2019
|A Big Cheese for the White House
ISBN: 0374406278 OCLC: 52121452 Farrar Straus Giroux, [New York] : 2004. In 1801, the townspeople of Chesire, Massachusetts, create a gigantic cheddar cheese to present to President Jefferson at his New Year's Day party.
ISBN: 9780375841989 OCLC: 531718706 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2011 Tells the story of Amelia Earhart's life - as a child, a woman, and a pilot - and describes the search for her missing plane.
|Ben Franklin's Almanac
ISBN: 0689835493 OCLC: 49699409 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : ©2003. Brings together eighteenth century etchings, artifacts, and quotations to create the effect of a scrapbook of the life of Benjamin Franklin.
|Ben Franklin's in My Bathroom!
ISBN: 9781101934067 OCLC: 970035464 When ten-year-old Nolan and his little sister, Olive, find Ben Franklin in their kitchen, they do their best to guide Ben through the new world he helped form.
|Boxes for Katje
ISBN: 0374309221 OCLC: 48966566 Farrar, Straus and Giroux, New York : 2003. After a young Dutch girl writes to her new American friend in thanks for the care package sent after World War II, she begins to receive increasingly larger boxes.
|Bulldozer Helps Out
ISBN: 1481458949 OCLC: 957696419 Little Bulldozer wants to help, but all the bigger trucks say he is too small. So when Crane Truck says he can clear a bit of debris out of the way, Little Bulldozer is eager for the job. He can do it, yes he can. What he doesn’t expect is to find a family of newborn kittens living in the pile of debris! Can he take care of babies? Now that’s a tough job. A job that happens to be just the right size for Little Bulldozer.
|Bulldozer's Big Day
ISBN: 1481400975 OCLC: 861744834 Bulldozer wants to invite all of his co-workers to a party to celebrate his special day, but to them it is just another day for scooping, sifting, stirring, and more.
|Bulldozer's Christmas Dig
ISBN: 1534438203 OCLC: 1227790953 It’s Christmas Eve, and Dump Truck is carrying…carrying…carrying garland.Digger Truck is stringing…stringing…stringing lights.Crane Truck is lifting…lifting…lifting wreaths.And Bulldozer is worrying…worrying…worrying.He doesn’t have any presents for his friends—not one! And time is running out. Does he need a Christmas miracle, or just a little ingenuity, and some digging, digging, digging?
|Clever Jack Takes the Cake
ISBN: 0375849793 OCLC: 434613150 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2010. A poor boy named Jack struggles to deliver a birthday present worthy of the princess.
|Crash from Outer Space: Unraveling the Mystery of Flying Saucers, Alien Beings, and Roswell
ISBN: 1338829467 OCLC: Scholastic Focus 2022 Award-winning author Candace Fleming sets her gaze on the mystery at Roswell, New Mexico, and the "crash from outer space" that set the United States on edge for decades. In 1947, during the early years of the Cold War, a field in Roswell, New Mexico was disturbed by a strange crash and smattering of debris. Some say the bodies of extraterrestrial beings were strewn across the ground, that a UFO had crashed there, and that the government was covering up the evidence in a massive conspiracy. But what really happened at Roswell? The infamous "crash from outer space" has become a fixture in our culture, inspiring a surge of UFO sightings and conspiracy theories. But at its heart is the story of military scientists, a city on the brink of the Cold War, and a debris field scattered with mystery. What was it that actually crashed at Roswell? Were alien bodies found? Was it Russian spies? Secret military technology? And did the government try to hide what they found? An electrifying exploration of one of the most thrilling mysteries in recent history, by Sibert Award winning author Candace Fleming.
|Cubs in the Tub: The True Story of the Bronx Zoo’s First Woman Zookeeper
ISBN: 0823443183 OCLC: 1112128506 Neal Porter 2020 Fred and Helen Martini longed for a baby, and they ended up with dozens of lion and tiger cubs! Snuggle up to this purr-fect read aloud about the Bronx Zoo's first female zookeeper.
|Eleanor Roosevelt's in My Garage!
ISBN: 1524767867 OCLC: 1054104005 Thanks to the crystal radio / time machine that turned up on their doorstep, Nolan finds Eleanor Roosevelt and Fala in his closet. Just as he's explained things to Mrs. Roosevelt, Nolan's mother drives in with his sister, and mistakes Mrs. Roosevelt for the sitter she's hired to take care of the children while she's out of town. It's only for 24 hours, so what could go wrong?
ISBN: 0374399077 OCLC: 953843722 Emma has never been to a circus, so she is especially excited to see a circus parade in town. But her father says she can't go and see it―they have to get their farm ready for winter. So instead...the circus comes to her! This playful, imaginative tale from Candace Fleming will have readers smiling and joining in the fun of Emma's amazing circus.
ISBN: 1524716197 OCLC: 1000526999 Seven award-winning young adult authors illuminate the lives of Britain's King Henry VIII and his six wives from different viewpoints.
ISBN: 0689841752 OCLC: 34192061 A young girl finds music all around her as she walks about the city of Venice, Italy, and she shares her song with everyone she meets.
ISBN: 0374380503 OCLC: 50503569 Farrar Straus Giroux, New York : 2004. A hungry alligator, slow with age, hopes to catch some good meat to add to his spicy gumbo.
ISBN: 9781596435995 OCLC: 923728105 A nonfiction picture book exploring the mysterious life of the elusive giant squid--
|Go Sleep in Your Own Bed!
ISBN: 0375866485 OCLC: 876833436 When Pig plops into his sty at bedtime, he finds Cow sleeping there and must send her off to her stall, setting off a chain reaction of animals being awakened to move to their own beds.
|Honeybee: The Busy Life of Apis Mellifera
ISBN: 0823442853 OCLC: 1043055885 Neal Porter Books 2020 A tiny honeybee emerges through the wax cap of her cell. Driven to protect and take care of her hive, she cleans the nursery and feeds the larvae and the queen. But is she strong enough to fly? Not yet!Apis builds wax comb to store honey, and transfers pollen from other bees into the storage. She defends the hive from invaders. And finally, she begins her new life as an adventurer.The confining walls of the hive fall away as Apis takes to the air, finally free, in a brilliant double-gatefold illustration where the clear blue sky is full of promise-- and the wings of dozens of honeybees, heading out in search of nectar to bring back to the hive.
|Imogene's Last Stand
ISBN: 0375836071 OCLC: 233813706 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2009. Enamored of history, young Imogene Tripp tries to save her town's historical society from being demolished in order to build a shoelace factory.
|Lowji Discovers America
ISBN: 1416958320 OCLC: 54960754 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : ©2005. A nine-year-old East Indian boy tries to adjust to his new life in suburban America.
|Madame LaGrande and Her so High, to the Sky, Uproarious Pompadour
ISBN: 0679958355 OCLC: 31816045 Knopf : New York : 1996. Madame LaGrande strives to be the most fashionable lady in Paris, but when her hairdresser creates a spectacular pompadour for her, the results are disastrous.
|Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!
ISBN: 9781591129240 OCLC: 41070807 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York, N.Y. : ©2002. After planting the garden he has dreamed of for years, Mr. McGreely tries to find a way to keep some persistent bunnies from eating all his vegetables.
|Murder Among Friends: How Leopold and Loeb Tried to Commit the Perfect Crime
ISBN: 0593177428 OCLC: Anne Schwartz Books 2022 How did two teenagers brutally murder an innocent child...and why? And how did their brilliant lawyer save them from the death penalty in 1920s Chicago? Written by a prolific master of narrative nonfiction, this is a compulsively readable true-crime story based on an event dubbed the "crime of the century." In 1924, eighteen-year-old college students Nathan Leopold and Richard Loeb made a decision: they would commit the perfect crime by kidnapping and murdering a child they both knew. But they made one crucial error: as they were disposing of the body of young Bobby Franks, whom they had bludgeoned to death, Nathan's eyeglasses fell from his jacket pocket. Multi-award-winning author Candace Fleming depicts every twist and turn of this harrowing case--how two wealthy, brilliant young men planned and committed what became known as the crime of the century, how they were caught, why they confessed, and how the renowned criminal defense attorney Clarence Darrow enabled them to avoid the death penalty. Following on the success of such books as The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh and The Family Romanov, this acclaimed nonfiction writer brings to heart-stopping life one of the most notorious crimes in our country's history.
ISBN: 0375842713 OCLC: 489256901 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2012. A series of animals falls into a deep hole, only to be saved at last by a very large rescuer.
|On the Day I Died
ISBN: 0375867813 OCLC: 740250629 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2012. In a lonely Illinois cemetery one cold October night, teen ghosts recount the stories of their deaths in different time periods, from 1870 to the present, to sixteen-year-old Mike, who unknowingly picked up a phantom hitchhiker.
|Our Eleanor :
ISBN: 9780689865442 OCLC: 56729764 There has hardly been a life in the last century that Eleanor Roosevelt has not affected, in one way or another. From securing safe, low-cost housing for Kentucky's poor, to helping her grandchildren hang a tire swing on the White House's south lawn, to representing America as the first female delegate to the United Nations, Eleanor rarely kept a second of her life for herself -- and she wouldn't have had it any other way.
|Papa's Mechanical Fish
ISBN: 0374399085 OCLC: 809365641 Margaret Ferguson Books, New York : 2013. In the summer of 1851, with encouragement and ideas provided by his family, an inventor builds a working submarine and takes his family for a ride. Includes notes about Lodner Phillips, the real inventor on whom the story is based.
ISBN: 0823449165 OCLC: Neal Porter Books 2022 This companion book to the authors’ Sibert award-winning Honeybee explores the life and habitat of a majestic endangered species through dramatic text and sumptuous illustration. April in the Arctic . . . Cold winds send snow clouds scuttling across the sky. Temperatures barely nudge above freezing. But every now and again, The cloud cover parts, The sun shines down, And the frozen world stretches awake. As spring approaches in the Arctic, a mother polar bear and her two cubs tentatively emerge from hibernation to explore the changing landscape. When it is time, she takes her cubs on a forty-mile journey, back to their home on the ice. Along the way, she fends off wolves, hunts for food, and swims miles and miles. This companion book to Honeybee and Giant Squid features the unique talents of Fleming and Rohmann on a perennially popular subject. Eric Rohmann's magnificent oil paintings feature (as in Honeybee) a spectacular gatefold of the polar landscape.
|Presenting Buffalo Bill :
ISBN: 1596437634 OCLC: 910980895 "Everyone knows the name Buffalo Bill, but few these days know what he did or, in some cases, didn't do. Was he a Pony Express rider? Did he serve Custer at the Battle of Little Big Horn? Did he scalp countless Native Americans, or did he defend their rights? This, the first significant biography of Buffalo Bill Cody for younger readers in many years, explains it all. With copious archival illustrations, Presenting Buffalo Bill makes the great showman come alive for new generations. Extensive back matter, bibliography, and source notes complete the package.
|Professor Fergus Fahrenheit and his wonderful weather machine
ISBN: 9781442402201 OCLC: 419816769 Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, New York : , ©1994. When the inhabitants of Dry Gulch wonder if they will survive the terrible drought that afflicts their town, Professor Fahrenheit offers to bring them rain with his amazing weather machine.
|Seven Hungry Babies
ISBN: 1416954023 OCLC: 294061250 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : ©2010. A mother bird frantically tries to keep her seven baby birds fed.
ISBN: 0689835485 OCLC: 43060598 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : ©2004. Family elders try everything to stop baby Lily from crying, but only her little brother knows exactly what to do.
ISBN: 9781101934128 OCLC: 990838006 A German shepherd is transformed from Etzel, a police dog in Berlin, to Strongheart, a silent movie star that will need his best acting skills to prove himself innocent of attacking a girl.
|Sunny Boy! :
ISBN: 0374372977 OCLC: 54686377 Farrar, Straus and Giroux, New York : 2005. In this fictionalized account, Sunny Boy, a 100-year-old tortoise, describes various events in his long life including the dangerous barrel ride over Niagara Falls that he takes with his daredevil owner on July 5, 1930.
|The Amazing Collection of Joey Cornell
ISBN: 0399552383 OCLC: 982448362 Joey Cornell collected everything -- anything that sparked his imagination or delighted his eye. His collection grew and grew until he realized that certain pieces just looked right together. He assembled his doodads to create wonderful, magical creations out of once ordinary objects.
|The Curse of the Mummy
ISBN: 1338596616 OCLC: 1224300867 "During the reign of the New Kingdom of Egypt, the boy pharaoh Tutankhamun ruled and died tragically young. In order to send him on his way into the afterlife, his tomb was filled with every treasure he would need after death. And then, it was lost to time, buried in the sands of the Valley of the Kings. His tomb was also said to be cursed. Centuries later, as Egypt-mania gripped Europe, two Brits -- a rich earl with a habit for gambling and a disreputable, determined archeologist -- worked for years to rediscover and open Tutankhamun's tomb. But once it was uncovered, would ancient powers take their revenge for disturbing and even looting the pharaoh's resting place? What else could explain the mysterious illnesses, accidents, and deaths that began once it was found?"--
|The Fabled Fourth Graders of Aesop Elementary School
ISBN: 0375836721 OCLC: 70864393 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2007. An unlikely teacher takes over the disorderly fourth-grade class of Aesop Elementary School with surprising results.
|The Family Romanov
ISBN: 0375867821 OCLC: 858914429 When Russia's last tsar, Nicholas II, inherited the throne in 1894, he was unprepared to do so. With their four daughters (including Anastasia) and only son, a hemophiliac, Nicholas and his reclusive wife, Alexandra, buried their heads in the sand, living a life of opulence as World War I raged outside their door and political unrest grew into the Russian Revolution. Maneuvering between the lives of the Romanovs and the plight of Russia's peasants and urban workers -- and their eventual uprising -- Fleming draws a poignant portrait, complete with period photographs and primary source material.
|The Great and Only Barnum
ISBN: 0375841970 OCLC: 270129826 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2009. Biography of P.T. Barnum, showman and founder of the Barnum & Bailey Circus. Readers can visit Barnum's American Museum; meet Tom Thumb, the miniature man (only 39 in. tall) and his tinier bride (32 in.); experience the thrill Barnum must have felt when, at age 60, he joined the circus; and discover Barnum's legacy.
|The Hatmaker's Sign
ISBN: 053107174X OCLC: 1023769388 Scholastic, New York : , c1998. To heal the hurt pride of Thomas Jefferson as Congress makes changes to his Declaration of Independence, Benjamin Franklin tells his friend the story of a hatmaker and his sign.
|The Lincolns :
ISBN: 9780375936180 OCLC: 180689984 Schwartz & Wade Books, New York : ©2008. Though Abraham and Mary Todd Lincoln's backgrounds differed considerably, both were intellectuals who shared interests in literature and politics, as well as a great love for each other.
|The Rise and Fall of Charles Lindbergh
ISBN: 052564654X OCLC: 1098229801 "A riveting biography of one of America's most celebrated heroes, and most complicated, troubled men, Charles Lindbergh"--
|The Tide Pool Waits
ISBN: 0823449157 OCLC: Neal Porter Books 2022 Dive into the rich ecology of tide pools and watch a hidden world spring in this masterful nonfiction picture book for very young readers. Twice a day when the tide goes out, an astonishing world is revealed in the tide pools that form along the Pacific Coast. Some of the creatures that live here look like stone. Others look like plants. Some move so slowly it’s hard to tell if they’re moving at all, while others are so fast you’re not sure you really saw them. The biggest animals in the pool are smaller than your hand, while the smallest can’t be seen at all without a microscope. During low tide, all these creatures – big, small, fast, slow – are exposed to air and the sun’s drying heat. And so they have developed ways to survive the wait until the ocean’s return.
|This is the Baby
ISBN: 0374374864 OCLC: 49795526 Melanie Kroupa Books, New York : 2004. A cumulative rhyme enumerating all the items of clothing that go on the baby who hates to be dressed, from the diaper often a mess to the jacket woolen and plaid.
ISBN: 1416954031 OCLC: Atheneum Books for Young Readers 2014 Surf’s up for a bunch of mischievous bunnies and one frazzled farmer in this beach-time read-aloud adventure. Mr. McGreely had bunny problems. He had bunnies in his garden. Bunnies in his shed. Bunnies in his cupboard. Bunnies in his…BED! Mr. McGreely has had it with irksome rabbits, so he dons his swimsuit and a pair of goggles and gets ready for some time away at the beach. Little does he know; the bunnies have stowed away in his backseat! He also hadn’t known that the rascally rabbits have mad surfing and kite flying skills. His annoyance is at sunstroke level…until he sees a sign for a sandcastle-making contest and realizes that teaming up with the pesky pufftails might just have some benefits.
ISBN: 0689874790 OCLC: 68416581 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : ©2007. Having worked all summer at keeping bunnies out of his garden, Mr. McGreely looks forward to a peaceful winter--if only he can keep those naughty bunnies from invading his home.
|Westward Ho, Carlotta!
ISBN: 0689810636 OCLC: 34191362 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : ©1998. Tired of opera houses, world-famous singer Calotta Carusa travels to the American West, where her magnificent voice tames even the most hardened bad guys & has a series of amazing adventures.
|What Isabella Wanted.
ISBN: 0823442632 OCLC: 1249751332 "The true story of Isabella Stewart Gardner's mission to turn her home into a unique art museum"
|When Agnes Caws
ISBN: 0689814712 OCLC: 37862638 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : 1999. When eight-year-old Agnes Peregrine, an accomplished birdcaller, travels with her parents to the Himalayas in search of the elusive pink-headed duck, she encounters a dastardly foe.
|Who Invited You?
ISBN: 0689831536 OCLC: 41319987 Atheneum Books for Young Readers, New York : ©2001. A rhyming counting tale in which Possum, Skunk, Frog, and other animals join a procession through the swamp, one with a potentially dangerous conclusion.
|Women of the Lights
ISBN: 0807591653 OCLC: 31936681 A. Whitman, Morton Grove, Ill. : 1996. Chronicles the lives of women who lived and worked in lighthouses, braving seas and storms, rescuing people from icy waters, and lovingly caring for their lights.