Eric Charles May
Born: in Chicago
Pen Name: None Connection to Illinois: May is a native Chicagoan. He grew up in the Morgan Park neighborhood. Biography: Eric Charles May is a former reporter for The Washington Post. Currently, he's an associate professor in the fiction writing program at Columbia College Chicago.
- -- Roxane Gay Top 10 Book, 2014
- -- Booklist Top 10 First Novels, 2014
- -- Chicago Reader Favorite Book, 2014
- -- A Women's Book Group Discussion Selection, Women & Children First Bookstore
- -- Oprah Magazine Ten Books to Pick Up Now, April 2014
- -- Books to Read Now, Chicago Tribune/Printers Row
- -- Notable African-American Title by Publishers Weekly
- -- Newcity Lit 50 List, 2014 '''Personal/Body of Work'''
- -- 21st Century Award (for significant recent achievement in writing by a Chicago-based author), Chicago Public Library
- -- One of 25 Writers to Watch, Guild Literary Complex
Eric Charles May on WorldCat : http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=eric+charles+may
|Bedrock faith /
ISBN: 1617751960 OCLC: 833301432 Akashic Books, New York : ©2014. Gerald "Stew Pot" Reeves returns to his mother's home in Chicago's Parkland neighborhood after fourteen years in prison. His return provokes fear and suspicion among the residents especially when he claims he has had a religious awakening. With his pit bull, John the Baptist, his mentor, Brother Crown, and a few others who believe in him, he sets off to change his neighborhood for the better.